Visual Studio has a very nice set of tools to help you refactor your project’s source code. I have worked with application migrations and the Extract Method feature is my second favorite, after the Rename of course.
It is really easy to use and after few steps your new method will be ready:
1. Select the code you want to extract;
2. Right-click over the selection or go to Refactor menu > Extract Method;
3. On the the Extract Method window, type the new method name and press OK;
4. To finalize just edit the variable names you need;
5. Don’t forget to add a summary and region to your method. It is fast to apply, make your code easier to understand and ready to be documented.